Can I get a mortgage?
We have a lot of experience in advising expats from China, India, UK, Brazil, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Poland, Romania and Italy, working for University of Twente, Saxion, Thales, MST, RHI Magnesita, several startups, etc. If you are a knowledge migrant, phd (candidate), medical specialist, junior doctor, healthcare professional (with a BIG registration), etc, please consult us for a free intake.
During this intake (by phone, personal or skype) we will look at every step involved in purchasing your own home in the Netherlands. We can give you tips and tricks and can get you in contact with a purchasing realtor.
After the intake you know:
- Can I get a mortgage
- What are the different mortgage types
- Which maximum mortgage loan do I qualify for
- What will be the monthly expenses
Our fixed fees:
- Free intake
- Mortgage advisory € 2.450
- Life Insurance or disability insurance € 270
What can you expect from us:
- We will guide you through the entire process
- You will get a custom made advise
- We will get you in contact with several specialists (real estate broker, notary, translator)
- Besides mortgage advise we can advise you about income risks, so you can decide if you want a life insurance or disability insurance to mitigate the risks
- We also advise you about all types of non-life insurances (home, car, liability, etc)
Steps to owning your home in the Netherlands
If you started the home hunting and agreed upon buying a house, these steps have to be taken:
- You will get a concept of the purchasing contract. We can help you to check the details.
- The purchasing contract has to be signed by the seller and by you.
- There is a reflection time of 3 days. This is legally regulated.
- It’s advisable to negotiate a financing reservation of at least 4 weeks. In case the bank will decline the mortgage application for whatever reason, you are able to dissolve the contract during this period, without paying a fine.
- Most of the time you will have to deposit a bank guarantee of 10% of the purchase price and transfer it to the notary. If you don’t have this 10%, we can ask the mortgage bank for a bank guarantee.
- Together we decide which mortgage type is the best for you, which bank has the best terms and how long you will fix the interest rate.
- We will apply for a mortgage quote by one or more banks.
- We need a lot of documents from you, so the bank can judge if they approve the application. We share a drive so you can upload the required documents.
- After we receive the mortgage quote we will explain the details.
- The bank demands a valuation report. An independent broker has to determine the market value of the house. We can arrange it for you.
- After you signed the mortgage quote and the bank approved all the documents, you will receive a binding offer.
- After accepting the binding offer, the bank will send instructions to the notary.
- You will sign two deeds with the notary; a delivery deed and a mortgage deed. If you or your partner don’t speak Dutch, a translator has to be present at the notary’s office. We can help you find a translator in almost every language.